Our Supporters

Carbon monoxide is a true silent killer. Be aware of the risks and symptoms, make sure fuel burning appliances are regularly serviced and fit a carbon monoxide alarm.

Dr Rob Hicks, GP and TV Doctor

About the CO Angels

Join us, the CO Angels*, in raising awareness of carbon monoxide poisoning after each losing someone special to this silent killer.

Our vision is for everyone to have a carbon monoxide alarm in their home, however we recognise the importance of regular maintenance on all fuel burning appliances such as gas cookers, gas grills and boilers, in addition to encouraging people to get their chimneys swept annually and increasing awareness on what to do if you think you’ve been poisoned.

Support the cause by joining our new campaign - 10 million alarms in homes by 2020, by pledging your support in the box on the right.

Most importantly, if you do not have a carbon monoxide alarm, please buy one today, they can be bought in most good DIY stores or you can take advantage of our special offer on our website.

Please visit our Gas Safe Register page to find out more about this official register for Gas Safety and our Useful Resources page for more information on other awareness groups and and carbon monoxide safety organisations.

*CO Angels launched in the Houses of Parliament at an All Party Parliamentary Gas Safety Group meeting in November 2010.

Support the CO Angels
by joining the 10 by 20 campaign

Pharmb504 pledges... "Install a carbon monoxide alarm in my home"

Stacey's Story

Image On the morning of the 20th of February 2004, I shouted for Dominic (aged 10) to get up and get ready for school, and there was no reply. I shouted again, still nothing, so I decided to go in and wake him. Before I knew it I was shaking and phoning 999. The Paramedics came and ran upstairs. Seconds later they were walking down, saying “I’m sorry love." I knew at this poin.... read more

Vikki's Story

Image Bob died of carbon monoxide poisoning from poor chimney maintenance whereby a flue got blocked and there was nowhere for the carbon monoxide to go other than around the house whilst Bob slept! 

I remember Bob telling me he felt unwell and had flu like symptoms and that he was off to bed for the afternoon.  I never thought anything about it at the time&.... read more